Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I am my mother....(and secretly LOVE it!)

So...today I had Fox News (or CNN depending on which was airing the convention stuff) on ALL Morning!!! I am my Mother!!!!! And I am working my day around seeing Sarah Palin's speech tonight...when did I become my mom? But as far as Mom's go I couldn't think of a better one to become...I just am having to eat my words and swallow all the teasing I have done to my mom over the years!

I did watch the Democratic Convention as much as I could, too and always had CNN or FOX News on during that if I was home, but I was not quite ready to make my big confession as to how much I was actually doing it!

I am so into this election, not just because it is ground breaking and history being made. I think being so far away from America for so long it makes me feel home a little bit. And I'm not going to lie....I love that Sarah Palin came out of nowhere. I love a drama and a great twist. See for me life really is a movie! Excited to hear what she has to say tonight....Obama's speech was amazing last week and I wasn't thinking I would be as excited to hear anyone speak this week, but I am coming home at 2:30pm today so I can catch it live...because TIVO does not exist here :( I have to watch it live!

P.S.
I fly home in 8 days! YIKES

4 comments:

Kerri said...

8 days and counting...I can't wait to see you my friend. I had Tim TIVO the convention on like 4 different channels...when did we grow up...I guess it kind of happened gradually. I love you.

Diane Evans said...

Yeah for my grown up girl!!! I am so proud of you. At least now you will not roll you eyes at me :-) Can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

You leave in eight days?! Where has time gone?!

Rachel said...

8 DAYS!!!!! I am counting!
okay, i guess it is okay to come out of the closet to say that i freaked when i got out of class and realized that i forgot to set the tivo for sarah palin's speech. i quickly called home and my son said, "i'm on it!" i too have been watching so much of it AND all the commentaries! this is a big deal for someone like me who absolutely detests election years with all the back biting and empty words that are said just so one can get elected. her nomination has definitely put an interesting twist on everything.
love you and looking forward to seeing you next weekend!
:)