Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Transition Number 847...

Today was filled with hello's and goodbye's and more hello's, in short---more transition. The last few days at my parents house I saw my family and got to spend time with my Aunts and my grandparents. It was fun to talk with my Grandma and fun to see my Aunts and my Nana. Time with family always reminds you of where you came from...it is always good to remember where you came from to be able to fully embrace where you are going...

(My Aunt Delores and me)

(My Aunt Denise...who I am kind of EXACTLY like...and my car!!! YAY for having my car back!)

(My Aunt Denise, me, my Mom, and Jim...Jim took us all out to dinner the first night I got into town...He is wonderful!)

(My Grandma and me)

(My Nana and me)



Once the family good bye's took place, I headed in my car to Sacramento to meet one of my best friend's in the world. Her and her family met me on my way up to Redding and I got to give the boys their presents...a COOL AZ map for Jacob that my awesome friend Peter found for me in NZ. Jacob is way into maps and facts and this map got an incredible reaction out of Jacob! He loved it and is so excited to put it on his wall when he gets home. I got Micah some yummy Jet Planes because he is currently OBSESSED with planes...they played at a play place while Ker's amazing husband watched them so me and Ker could talk and catch up. There is nothing like and old friend. It is like putting on your most comfortable shorts or shirt. You know the ones....the ones that you feel comfortable and cute in them all at once. You just know when you put them on the world is going to be okay. It was so fun sitting across the table from her and feeling like I had just seen her. My friends have walked with me through so many dramas and crazy scenarios. We have laughed and cried together for over 15 years (yikes we are old!) But there is just nothing like the moment I see them and you feel known, loved and accepted...I am pretty lucky to have the friends I do.

(seriously how cute are they?!)


(Best friends can meet at a McDonalds and still connect like no time has passed....)


Jacob LOVED his map...thanks Peter!!!



I then got back in my car and headed for Redding...I haven't lived in Redding for 4 years. I have visited so many times I can't even count, but living there is a whole new thing. The last time I was in Redding was a pretty dramatic experience, but the good ending was ending up in LA! Which then landed me in New Zealand. Funny how life works sometimes...

As I drove into Redding I was excited and scared for this new season of life. There is something about coming home to Redding. It to is like an your favorite pair of shorts...there are memories that flood my mine as soon as I drive into town. I grew up here in a lot of ways. I moved her as a 17 year old girl and tomorrow I turn 32...where the heck did the time go? I have spent half my life moving back and forth to Redding. It is a safe landing place for me and right now it is my home for the next season. I have no idea what is next in my life, but I know that I will have so much fun figuring it out as I live with my best friend, share everyday life with my best friends and enjoy what this moment holds. Oh and how could I not love it when I get to live with my little RAYA?!!! Raya was eating her dinner on the front steps today waiting for me to get here and Elli came running out of the house and leaped in my arms....Lakey on the other hand played hard to get, but when I said, "hey I didn't get a cuddle from you" and grabbed him for a quick cuddle, telling him that I loved him, he responded with, "I know" and gave me a coy little smile.

So here is my new room...Can I just say my best friend Sea Jay is AMAZING...she repainted her 6 year olds room and rearranged everything so I had a dresser and a bed and place that was my own. Her and Banning have taken such good care of me (though Banning told me tonight I kind of only missed parts of you...he loves me, he just doesn't like to show it...that is what I keep telling myself :) I am beyond lucky to have the friends I do and I can't believe that I get to start this new season with them and their kids...

(Raya was kind of excited to see me and have me in her room...this is her side and her bunk beds...I don't have to sleep in bunk beds, I get a cutsie bed on the other side of the room)


(Here is El showing you my yellow side)


(this is our whole room...notice her side is pink and my side is yellow--Elli is testing out my new bed, that is ADORABLE and had a welcome tray on it...they used to make fun of me because I always put a tray on my bed, but they finally learned it is just the way I roll)


(Here is my bed with cute El posing for the picture)


(Man I missed these kiddos! Elli was pretty stoked to have me living with them...I think this is going to be a fun year!)


Later as I was trying to fit my life into dressers Amy and Madeleine stopped by to say hi after Aims got off work. It was SO good to see Amy. She is like a sister to me and always makes me feel safe and always makes me laugh. I love that she can just stop by now and it is no longer a quick call, but a quick stop bye.

Tomorrow is Day O' Fun...Starting off with none other than a Root Canal (for Sea not me), but the good friend that I am (and because I LOVE the dentist...I know I am weird but I genuinely do) I am going with Sea Jay to her 7:40 apt...who the heck has a dentist apt before 8 am??! Then Amy will come meet up with us and we will head to Danielle's to see her new house and so I can see her CUTE kids! Then BIRTHDAY MAGIC will commense at 2pm...a Spa, Massages, Facials, Pedicures...laughing, relaxing, some chips and salsa and lots of laughter...what more could you want on your 32nd bday? Minus flying Ali, Sally and Mich over for the bday fun of course :)

While I am MISSING NZ friends terribly and trying to live in the two universes I am caught in, there is something new and fresh about this next chapter, or shall we say scene in my movie. I would have never guessed this last year would have gone the way it did...what will this year hold...?

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Happy Birthday my friend...ok, so as soon as Jacob got home from soccer practice, he wanted to look at his NZ map. We read through all the facts on the back and he wanted to know what everything was. You are such a great auntie We all loved seeing you yesterday!!!

And Ellie and Raya look just like Sea...they are beautiful little girls. Your room is so cute! SeaJay is such a good friend and really knows how to make you feel valued.

After talking with you yesterday, I got excited for you. I think this is going to be a really wonderful season of life for you. I can't wait to hear all about your relaxing day of being pampered and loved on by friends. Oh and did you get the boys happy birthday message and their "over the phone" kisses? They are so funny!

rev rock said...

come to the Stirring on Sunday...I'm speaking! We need someone to run sound...you up for it :)
Seriously stop by the house and see Moses though!