Monday, September 1, 2008

Dresses and Gumboots

What else would one do on a cruisey Sunday other than wake up your friends with muffins and scones, giggle while coffee is brought to you in bed, hurry and get ready and go look at the most gorgeous property and view every. This was my Sunday morning with the Line's family! I had just seen them on Saturday but thought they looked a bit down, so I decided they needed a wake up from their favorite American friend. Then as the morning progressed we decided I needed to see the land that they have purchased but haven't built on yet....check out this view! This is the most amazing view I have seen here!






Notice my outfit....city girl hits the bush (what they call the country here in NZ). Now I grew up a country girl, but I realized how much I have changed over the years. I had to laugh at the fact that I was in a short little black dress...gum boots (rain boots), a hoodie and Andy's huge puffer vest...I was straight out of a fashion magazine! :)




These are shoots by the stream on their property (Sally, Georgia and her sweet friend Molly)





And do you see the lamb??? Sheep are abundant here....and their little lambs too!




In all it was a wonderful Sunday morning and I'm not going to lie I have to say I was a bit sad this weekend to say good bye....

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love that no matter where you live you establish amazing community and deep relationships. I don't know how you do it Dana, but it's a great way to be. It's so cool that you will always have this great family of friends in New Zealand to come back to someday!